BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Hula Girl



At our church Christmas party the little girls were asked to do the Hula while some adults sang Mele Kelekimaka (I should know how to spell this since I went to school in Hawaii but my Hawaiian letter sounds have evaded me at the moment). Anyways, Emerson was completely on board for dancing the Hula in front of everyone.

I went out and purchased a grass skirt, lei and flowers for her hair so that she would look as authentic as possible. She wanted to wear her black leotard from tap to complete her ensemble. Before we even made it to church on Saturday night, Sawyer had ripped half of the grass skirt to shreds. Thankfully the parts he got a hold of were easy to camouflage.

Emerson is caught off guard when part of the Bishopric joins the girls on stage. She loves our Bishop and thought he was dancing so funny that she told him she would give him Hula lessons since he didn't know how to Hula.

0 comments: