BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

My Kid is Stronger Than Yours

Today was a typical Saturday at the Slopsema house. Jason is gone reffing youth league basketball games while the kids and I are doing things around the house/running errands/cleaning, all the fun stuff! Since I noticed that we were low on milk, flour and sugar I knew it was off to the worst store to visit on a Saturday morning - WALMART! I quickly checked the ads and found milk, oj and a couple other items that we could use on sale for $1. At Walmart I always start at the back of the store and work my way forward, today wasn't any different. As I was getting the 2% milk out of the cooler I heard a loud crash. I looked over at Swee who was in the basket portion of the cart and noticed that he was standing and holding onto the cooler door handle where the whole milk is kept. The loud crash I heard was none other than my 2 1/2 year old pulling the grocery cart into the cooler glass...He SHATTERED the entire cooler glass door! Completely shattered it! Very quickly he realized that he was probably in trouble and should obey whatever Mom told him to do. He was rapidly transferred to the front of the cart and informed not to touch anything. A manager was found, circumstance explained, apology issued and then off to complete my shopping since if you recall milk had been my first stop.

Thankfully no one was hurt and nothing else was destroyed on our enjoyable trip to Walmart this morning! A sense of humor should never be left at home - the moral of the day.

2 comments:

Doctor Dave, Papaw 10x said...

Sawyer the L U C K Y Destroyer ! !

Stephanie said...

Yep, I'll readily admit, that boy has some power. :)