BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Ultrasound, NST and Dr Visit

Late morning today I had the privilege of beginning what will be my routine up until I deliver this baby. I reported to my OB's office to have an ultrasound done to check baby's growth. Then it was off to have a NST (non-stress test) administered, in which, baby didn't want to cooperate so I was required to drink a big glass of water (still didn't respond as the nurse wanted it to) so then baby was buzzed (a very loud noise was introduced to the baby) and finally the baby's heartbeat jumped and returned to normal as it was supposed to. Following the NST I was scheduled to see my OB who measured and said everything was fine. I am to return on Thursday for my second NST of the week.

My schedule for the next almost 7 weeks -
Mondays - OB, Fluid Check/Ultrasound, & NST
Thursdays - NST

The kids attended the ultrasound and loved getting to hear the baby's heartbeat but were disappointed when we were unable to get any good pictures of the baby's face since it's back was too us. Actually it kept showing us it's bottom to be exact. Priss asked to ultrasound tech, Pam, if she could just roll me over and do the ultrasound on my back since that was where the baby was facing. Pam explained very nicely that because of all the bones in my back it made it impossible to do the ultrasound on my back. That seemed to suffice Priss. She is dying to know what the baby's gender is. Jason and I would about bet it is another little boy but she continues to hold out faith that it is a baby sister only time will tell.

As of today the baby is in the 66th percentile for weight (approx. 4 lbs and some odd oz) and 80th percentile for head.

0 comments: