BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wonderful Easter

This Easter was simply wonderful...we got to spend the weekend seeing my family and relaxing. The weekend started with us getting to see my dad and have lunch with him. The kids loved getting to look through all the pictures that Grandpa David has at his house. They looked at a couple of Aunt Erica, Aunt Valeri and me when we were younger. After lunch we headed over to my mom's house to spend the evening with her. The kids napped and I got to visit uninterrupted with her. She took Priss and Swee to the bakery at two different times so they each could go with just her. We watched Butler win a nail biter. Sunday morning the kids got on their new Easter outfits, posed for a lot of pictures..what can I say it is the Lil Man's first Easter..and then we headed off to watch General Conference at mom's church building. We ducked out of Gen. Conf. a couple of minutes early to head over to my Aunt Lana's for Easter dinner. There were so many great people there that we hadn't gotten to see since Thanksgiving. Way too long! We ate and zoomed back to mom's so that the kids could lay down since they had gotten up so early to see if the Easter Bunny had gotten Priss's note to deliver their baskets to Honey's house. He got the note and they were so excited with what he left. Aunt Valeri, Uncle Morgan and Finn's Easter box was opened too. They were so excited to find candy in the eggs. Once we got back to mom's we changed out minds and went ahead and had the Easter egg hunt. There were about 70 eggs for the older two to find and I think they only missed about 5. During the afternoon session of conference both Jason and myself fell asleep and slept until about 7 p.m. Swee woke me up and I about fell off the couch when I realized what time it was and that we still needed to pack the car and drive the 1 1/2 hours home. We had to wake up Lil Man because I think he was done for the night. At 9:30 we finally pulled into our drive and unloaded the kids who ran into the house to see what Grandma and Grandpa, and Ggma and Ggpa had left for them. They were so excited to see that they had gotten new rainboots, a new game and of course some candy.



Thanks for all the thoughtfulness that our families sent from afar too.

0 comments: