BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

A Crazy Couple of Days!

The past few days have been a little bit crazy for us, but in all the good ways. Ainsley had spent the night so she helped me make Emerson's preschool Halloween treat on Monday while Priss was at school. Then after Sawyer's nap on Monday the kids and I met Erica, Matt, and the boys in Shelbyville for the Ainsley hand-off. All went smoothly until the kids and I got home and sat down for dinner. Emerson didn't want to eat what had been fixed, but Sawyer on the other hand loved his so much that it ended up in his hair. I turned around and he was eating and when I turned back around his plate was upside down on his head. Thankfully he had eaten most of his dinner, however, left over mash potatoes were still on the plate. I have learned with Sawyer that it is best to laugh or else I would be crying a lot because he does make a lot of messes! After throwing Sawyer into the bath tub to clean him up, since we were carving pumpkins when Jason got home. All was pretty well when Jason finally walked through the door. Emerson was still sitting at the table eating her dinner...she'd been there for about at hour. We commenced pumpkin carving and Sawyer really got into it. He was helping me clean out the seeds and goo, while Jason carved and Emerson supervised. One of the pumpkins even claimed one of my nails, literally, a nail broke off in the pumpkin. The kids were so excited that their pumpkins were finally carved. When we lit them Sawyer couldn't keep his eyes off of his and Emerson kept making sure that Jason had really carved her hand into the pumpkin. Two cute kids with their cute Jack-o-lanterns!

Yesterday the kids and I were to head out of Greensburg to spend the day in Indy with Erica and her kids. We did head out but not as early as I wanted to. We made it and enjoyed our day with them. Last night was Beckett's 1st birthday party and everyone had a really good time. The kids dressed up and on Sunday Erica informed me that the adults were dressing up also. I dressed up as a referee, thanks to Jason's referee shirt from reffing youth league games. Sawyer loved all the chaos and the ice cream that he was stealing off of a friend's plate. I walked out to find Sawyer helping his self to James Moore's cream. James didn't care...he said Sawyer just came up and took his fork away and started eating my ice cream. What can you do? At least James knows my kids and wasn't weirded out by it all. Happy First Birthday, Becks! We love you!

0 comments: