BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

V-day Tradition

Since we moved to southeastern Indiana, Batesville & Greensburg, a tradition has begun on Valentine's Day. A balloon, homemade sugar cookies & a V-day picture is taken to Jason at work. Yesterday the kids and I got ready and headed out for Batesville to make our yearly delivery. We also took some cookies to the people in the front office to thank them for all the help that they have given Jason during his internship this year.

When we arrived at Jason's room & he wasn't there but managed to get there before we could all hide to surprise him. He expected us but wasn't sure what time we would be there. The kids were so excited to see him and to give him some of his V-day gifts.

Along with taking him cookies I made some extras to give to the girls' basketball team to say thanks for a great year. Emerson loved getting to find the girls in the lunchroom and give them their cookies. After all the girls were found we left so that Jason could go about his day and we could get some lunch.



After the chaos of the day was over we exchanged our Valentine's Day gifts as a family. Jason got me a movie and some of my favorite candies. He received a tie, candy, a paperweight with the kids & my picture in it & book about why boys need their dads. Emerson and Sawyer each received a balloon, candy and a V-day book.



I enjoy Valentine's Day but enjoy feeling loved the rest of the year more! WE hope everyone experienced the feeling of being loved yesterday, we sure did!

1 comments:

Lucy said...

These sound like such fun traditions!! Josh and I don't really do anything, I guess "buy" anything. I'm terrible at the Holiday things...