BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Do I really have to eat lunch there?

Last night at bedtime Jason gave Emerson her first Father's Blessing. In the blessing she was told many touching things about herself and what her school year will hold. She sat so nice and quiet throughout the entire blessing and was just smiling at Jason when he finished.


As she went off to bed with my Mom tucking her in she was so excited for kindergarten. Jason, my Mom and I sat and marveled that 5 years had past and that she really was going to kindergarten this year.

When this morning came Jason had to leave before anyone else was up since it was his first day with students also. I was up next and got ready so that when Mom and the kids got up I could just focus on getting them ready so Priss could be at school on time. I, like my sister, am not allowing Emerson to ride the bus to and from school this year. I don't know any kids or really any of the neighbors (my fault) and so I don't want her riding the bus when I can easily take her and pick her up. Anyways, I had to wake Emerson up this morning which is very rare! When she finally was awake she began crying and when I asked her what was wrong she said that she didn't want to eat lunch at school! Her biggest stress was nothing academic or social, but the fact that she had to eat lunch at school and not at home. Once she got dressed she was ready to go and didn't look back.


Mom, Sawyer and I accompanied Emerson to her first day of kindergarten after a short photo session on the front porch. She was so excited to see where her seat was and who was in her class. Her teacher, Mrs. Ferguson, was very happy to see Emerson. Mrs. Ferguson promptly showed her where to hang her backpack and her lunch box. As soon as Priss did those two things she sat down in her seat, gave me a kiss and started working on the papers on her desk.


When Jason (who left work early so that he could go with me) and I went to pick Priss up she was so happy to see us and commenced on telling us story after story about her day. She loved lunch and saw many other kids from her preschool. She read "The Kissing Hand" and was sang to since her birthday was over the summer. Emerson loved school and can't wait to return on Friday! Yeah!!

3 comments:

house of walls said...

yeah em! we are so proud of you and you look so beautiful. we love you.

Lucy said...

OH you made me remember Colson's first day - he was homeschooled for Kindergarten, so I had a whole year more with him... It broke my heart!! The kids always seem to do better than moms. :) Hope she has a great year!!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a fun first day for her! It's funny because Saydria has been asking me about packing her lunch already and what kind of drink she will have, etc. (I always pack the kids' lunches, but they like to buy on pizza day). Glad you all had a fun first day of school! Ours is on Wednesday!! They find out who their teachers are today!