BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

DEALS of the Day

I have begun following a blog call Being Frugal is Fabulous and on it I found a coupon for $5.oo off of a $20.00 purchase at Walgreens. Along with that there were having a killer sale on M&Ms, Kisses and Reese Cups so the kids and I drove on over this morning. I managed to get out of Walgreens with 4 large bags of M&Ms for $1.00 and 2 bags of Kisses and 2 bags of Reese Cups for $3.00. So I managed to walk out of Walgreens with 8 bags of candy for $4.00. I was pretty pleased with that but the savings got even better when we arrived at WalMart. As I was heading to the Photo Dept. I noticed a display of Cascade Complete Action Pacs 32 count for $2.42. I was very shocked because when I went down the aisle of dishwasher soap the same Cascade Complete was priced at $7.00. I went back to the display and thanks to my camera phone took a picture of the display for proof of their signage. When I checked out the Cascade did ring up $7.00 but because of my camera phone photo they had to sell it to me for $2.42 less my $1.50 coupon. So drum roll please ......I purchased 32 Cascade Action Pacs for $.92, a savings of $6.08.

I adore saving money! It is such a thrill to see how much you can buy for such a small amount of money.

Share some of your best savings with me or do you have a great trick to saving big bucks?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.hotcouponworld.com

I use this website religously. It's a lot of reading about women who find all the deals and what coupons are out there to help you knock down your out of pocket.

I've been doing this since May and you should see the stuff that I've gotten for pennies. It doesn't hurt to stock pile stuff and save money where you can.

quick tip: Lysol Freshmatics $11.97 @ WM; Meijer has them on sale this week for 1/2 off. Makes them $5.98; and I have a $5 coupon! .98 cents for something that normally would cost you $12 bucks.

Email me and I can fill you in on some other stuff as well.

Stephanie said...

That's so cool Megs. If it were me though, they would have sent a checker back to where the sign was and fixed it and told me to take a hike. That's so cool you got a great deal! I love deals!