BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Destroyer of Birthday Cake

I forgot to post this before the birthday party and just found the pictures so enjoy!

Since we were going to be out of town on Friday I decided Thursday would be the day to make the lasagna and cake for the party. I was making Pat's lasagna and my Great Aunts' Texas sheet cake. Priss was at school so it was just Swee and me. We began first with the cake. It was completed without error and was set to cool before I iced it. I continued on with the lasagna, having lost my helper. I completed assembling the lasagna and went to get the cake from the laundry room where it had been cooling when I realized that the cake was smelling very good. The reason it was smelling so good was because Swee had gotten a hold of it and scooped about a third of it out of the pan using a Downey cup. I was completely distraught over it until I received some great counsel...just serve it and explain that Swee assisted in creating a unique cake for his 3rd birthday. I did and this is what was left of the cake....



I managed to remove the destroyed portion and somewhat disguised it or so I thought. When I sat it out for the party and then told the story a few people said they thought we had already ate some of it.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's so funny. Glad he had a great 3rd birthday. :)