BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

The Prophet

Last night at about 10:00 Erica called to say that she had just her from her in-laws that the Prophet - President Gordon B. Hinckley had just past away at the age of 97.

I was completely shocked and couldn't believe it. When I told Jason he thought I was lying to him. I quickly checked the church's website but couldn't find any information to contradict or support what I had just been told. Pres. Hinckley is the only Prophet that Jason has ever known since joining the church in 1998. President Hinckley was sustained as our Prophet, Seer & Revelator in 1995.

General Conference this fall will seem so odd without him sitting on the stand or addressing us from the pulpit. He truly was a man called of God who magnified his calling to the best of his abilities...I will truly miss his presence and spiritual nature at the upcoming General Conference in April.

To read more about him and the events that preceded his death click here. http://www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/

0 comments: