BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Speechless

As I was sitting at Jason's game tonight visiting with the JV coach's wife, Katina, her uncle walked up and sat down. Practically as soon as he sat down he asked if we had heard about two of the boys basketball players. We answered "no" and he proceeded to tell us the two boys basketball players had been beaten, physically but some opposing team players in a fight after the basketball game between the two teams. Wanting to know the true I asked one of the JV players that I know pretty well, what was going on with the players and she gave me a lot of the same information but also included some new. Such as, the Batesville players went to meet to opposing players with the intent to fight but when they arrived at the designated place 4 more cars pulled up and proceeded to block the Batesville players from leaving. A royal beating in sued with the Batesville players taking the brunt of it. The other guys were armed with baseball bats and shovels! Where are we living South Central LA no we are living in little rural Batesville. It is very scary to think that this type of confrontation takes place in small town USA.

It makes me want to homeschool my kids and never allow them to leave my sight but realistically kids don't need to be sheltered simply taught that conflict isn't dealt with through physically mutilating another person because you are frustrated. I am so saddened that today's youth feels as though they need to permanently injure someone else to make them feel better about their selves.

One Batesville player ended up with at least broken cheek bone and the opposing player has a broken hand from hitting the Batesville player. I fear how intense sports are going to be viewed when my kids are older and involved in sports.

0 comments: