BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Mom Says I Can



I received a book this Mother's Day that sums up what I feel a mother is and what a mother gives to her children...it was about a little boy who was seeking the greatest treasure in the world and he searched high and low, but ended up finding the "greatest treasure" right in front of him...his mom. The book was entitled "Mom Says I Can", is this not what every mother strives to impress upon their children throughout their lives? Does a mother ever stop telling their child they can do whatever they set their minds too? I know without a shadow of a doubt that my mother to this day still believes that I can do whatever I set out to. Thank you, Mom for always seeing in me what I was unable to see on so many occasions. You have been, still are and forever will be my hero, role model and the person I have learned the most from.

When I think of the women who have shaped my life and have helped to make me the mother I am today I can't help but acknowledge my sisters. They allowed me to hone my mother skills on them throughout the years, enduring me as their second mother...a role I relish to this day. They are tremendous women who I love to be around and who I am unable to spend enough time with. I miss my Weedie and know that she will be an amazing mother when the opportunity comes. My Bon is already a fabulous mom and she will be missed greatly when the time comes for them to move. I love you two so much and thank you for allowing me to be your big sis!

As for Jason's mother, I admire the way that she loves me. She is a woman who has always treated me like her own daughter, and she even refers to me as her daughter. I love the way that she loves my father-in-law and so willingly gives service to those around her. She, too, has always told her boys that they can do whatever they set their minds to, and both have become wonderful men who love so deeply and willingly. I love the ways that she shows my children that they are adored in her eyes. I will forever be in her debt for allowing me the privilege of marrying her baby. Thanks Pat for all you do for my family and for loving me the way you do!



Happy Mother's Day - a day late!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

That sounds like a great book! It sounds like you have some pretty great mom's in your life! You are a great Momma and I'm glad we've stayed in touch and get to share stories of motherhood. I look forward to learning many amazing things from you!!