BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Splashing in the Puddles

The skies kept threatening rain and Priss being observant asked if later, when there were puddles, she could play in them. In a moment of weakness, I answered yes and her day was made.



After 2 hours of rain she put her rain boots on and grabbed herd Dora umbrella, and raced out into the sprinkling rain. She had so much fun running around and jumping in the puddles. A few minutes later, Swee woke up and wanted to join her. He didn't have rain boots so he just worn his snow boots. Swee also loved jumping in the puddles but he really loved holding the umbrella as he tried to climb up the ladder to the slide. He didn't make it and soon had ditched the umbrella so he could remove all the existing water off of the slide.



As I was watching the two of them completely enjoy their selves in the rain puddles I realized that moments like this are fleeting, and I need to take advantage of them more often.

As the country song says, "You're going to miss this, you're going to want this back, you're going to wish these days didn't go by so fast..." and I already feel that way about my children's childhoods.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Amen Megs. Every time that song comes on I feel like Trace is singing it for me. Those look like some fun times for the kids. Even when we are in the store parking lot and there are puddles, I've just decided that Kai can splash in them all he wants because he just wants to have fun and it's not going to hurt anyone. So that's me trying to live in the moment with Kai!

house of walls said...

post a picture of your new floors in the living room. i haven't seen them and mom said they look great. love-e