BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Aunt Marguerite Memories - Just a Couple

On Saturday, June 7th my dad called me to inform me that Aunt Marguerite had peacefully left this life for a reunion with many of her loved ones. It was a very bittersweet moment for I knew that her body had just worn out and she was finally the the lady I remember so fondly from my childhood, but also she wasn't accessible to me anymore.

Aunt Marguerite was such a spry lady, one who never missed an event in my life and who was so much more than a great-aunt to me. She was more like a grandparent. I vividly remember her attending Grandparent's Day when I was in elementary school, or flying all the way to Idaho to watch me graduate from Ricks. My Aunt Marguerite was a tremendous woman who along with my Aunt Ruth allowed me the opportunity to spend countless nights at their home all the while telling stories about their childhood and instilling in me a love for people I had never had the opportunity to meet, like their parents and grandparents, and good ole Mrs. Patrick who was her boss at Ayres in the fashion department.

I will sorely miss this wonderful lady who loved me like no one else and who was a tough old bird, and as she would say "fat and sassy" until the day that she returned to her parents' and siblings loving arms.

I am so thankful for my testimony that life continues after we leave this world and that I will be able to see her, and feel her loving arms surround me one more time.


I love you Aunt Marguerite and thank you for always being an intrical part of my life!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Megan sorry to hear about your loss, it looks though that you have the right perspective. She sounds like such a sweet lady! Hope you continue to have peace.

Stephanie said...

What a nice tribute to your Aunt Marguerite Megan! You are welcome to do one for me someday. :) Sorry for your loss, but it does sound bittersweet and she lived a full and fulfilling life!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comment. kids are better, thankfully. and the party (for only having 3 people there) went really well!!