BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Princess Emerson is 4


Our little Princess Emerson is 4 years old today. The time has flown by so quickly. At dinner the other night Jason and I were talking about how 4 years ago we were sitting in the hospital waiting to be induced. Emerson asked, "Where was I?" We answered with Heavenly Father and she was okay with that. A few minutes passed and Jason said to Emerson, "When you wake-up in the morning you will be 4. She thought for a minute and then wanted to know how she would go to bed 3 and wake-up 4. Jason told her that the birthday fairy would come when she was sleeping and sprinkle fairy dust on her that would make her older. Emerson then commenced in rapid fire questioning of both Jason and me about what this fairy looked like, how big was she, had we seen her before, when would she come, how would she get into the house, who would let her in and would any of us see her? We did our best to answer each and every question she had but I don't think we did all that well because at bedtime she was still asking more of the same type of questions. Once she was in bed Jason looked at me and said, "I should have known that I couldn't just tell Emerson that a birthday fairy would come & she'd accept it. I just thought it would be something cute to tell her." We learned our lesson..think like an inquisitive 4 year old not like an adult.
When Emerson got up she completely walked past her presents into our bedroom and when we wished her a happy birthday she walked out of the room and said, "Where are all of my friends?" Once we explained that it wasn't her party day she was ready to open the presents. We even had to light a candle and put it into her cereal so she had a candle to blow out.

0 comments: