BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Not Expected

Yesterday I went to the OB for a follow up appointment since when I went last week they were unable to get a heartbeat. I returned yesterday to have the heartbeat checked. Needless to say, no heartbeat was found and I was informed that an miscarriage had occurred. It was not expected news, of course, but as I drove home it made me think of all the wonderful blessings that the Lord has given me, and that he truly knew what was best for the baby.

Late yesterday evening Emerson got to talking about a dream she had had about the baby. It was so hard to tell her that the baby would not be coming to live with us but that Heavenly Father had needed it back. We explained that the baby would have been really sick and Heavenly Father didn't want it to be sick. She quickly replied, "But Mom it did get sick." Emerson really struggled with understanding why Heavenly Father would take our baby away from us. At family prayer she prayed that he would give us another baby soon. The innocence of little children is beautiful to behold.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry to read about your miscarriage Megs. I hope you are holding up, I cannot imagine the strength of heart is must take to bear that kind of news. Hope you are feeling well. I'll call you. love love stephanie

Tim & Brooke said...

I wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. If you need anything at all, or need to talk, PLEASE call me!!!

Lots of love,

Brooke

Lucy said...

I'm sorry to hear about the baby, Megan. I'm thinking of you!